Saturday, July 30, 2011

July 14th...Water Barrels

I planted the taller plants about two weeks before the shorter ones.  The shorter plants mature in 62 days which means
they should be ready when family comes into town for Bayli's baptism on September 3rd.


Zuchinni and some yellow squash plant in the background.







I planted these Green Beans a little later in the season than I normally do.

Our friends, Keith and Michelle Lewis gave us these two 55-gallon barrels.  I may build something similar to what Keith did...see below.  It is set up to collect rainwater from the roof.  His main purpose is to have water for his lawn and garden.  I however, would just like to collect water for emergency purposes.  Not drinking water, but just for cleaning and washing. 



Kids having fun with the barrels











No comments:

Post a Comment